Japanese Kitchen Tools
HINOKI Mas wood Box (SET OF 2)
Set include 2 pieces of 8-shaku MASU box.
Since the early 1300s, the Masu has played an important role in Japanese tradition. It was originally used as a measuring cup for foods such as rice and soy sauce, and then used to measure rice when it was common as a form of currency. More recently, the Masu is widely acknowledged as a vessel for serving sake and a symbol of good luck.
Brand: OHASHI RYOKI
Area of production : Ogaki, Gifu
Made of : Hinoki Cypress
Size: 3.25″ x 3.25″ x 2.125″
Set of 2
- It is Safe to use MASU directly for daily consumption purposes as Japanese Cypress is a very safe material and the MASU have been created in a controlled environment.
- To care for your MASU, please briefly rinse immediately after use and let air dry.
- Do not place in a dishwasher, leave submerged in water for extended periods, or use in a microwave, and oven
- Avoid storing in hot and humid places or in direct sun light as rapid drying may cause cracks and gaps.
- Frequent and repeated use may result in leaks that are caused by the constant expansion and contraction of wood.
- Regarding Silk printed Color MASU, Avoid scratching the printed surface as it may cause the printed paint to come off.
- Never use abrasive cleaners or scouring pad such as steel wool, scouring powder.
Due to handmade product, the size and shape of this product may have slight differences. Due to different settings of individual monitors and photographic methods, actual items may slightly differ from this photo.